28 February 2010

I found out about this event when I trapped some cats at the Enterprise Library. I applied for a table (the price was right $0) and when she heard about what we do, she immediately agreed to make sure we got a space. The weather forecast was dicey but I loaded up the truck with the drop trap, 4 traps, a trap isolator, class fliers,  a donation jar, and all of my trapping junk for show and tell. I stopped by Keith's and grabbed a couple of his saw horses. The library had plenty of young people to help me roll the trap dolly and all of my stuff to the table.

 Wendy showed up and helped talk to people and took some great photographs. The majority of people there had dogs, and most of the vendors were dog oriented but overwhelmingly people were sympathetic about the number of cats being euthanized annually. I got a few email addresses and chatted up the ordinance and the class, and chatted down trapping and euthanizing cats.  A brief but intense rain shower drove most of the attendees and vendors away around 12:30. I decided to pack up call it a day. A few people donated a little cash and one of our patrons cut us a nice check which I appreciate immensely! I look forward to doing more events like this to spread the word about community cat overpopulation and to empower more people to help themselves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment