23 December 2009

It took three attempts before I could approach her close enough to have a chance. On the third attempt, it took me about 30 minutes to maneuver myself into a position where I was kneeling in front of her with the net in my right hand. I waited until she was distracted by the noise of a passing vehicle and then sprung the net on her. She struggled and fought but I managed to keep a hold of her as I got her out of the net and into the carrier. I hate to use this tactic on a cat, but honestly I don't think she would ever go into a trap! Her mom has eluded the traps every time while 22 cats from the same colony have been TNR'd. Her nose got a little banged up (or maybe she has ringworm?) and her eye looks bad. I'll get her to the vet tomorrow. Thanks for all of the offers for fostering and help with her medical. If my current fostering or medical plans fall through, I know who else offered and I'll hit them up.

Posted via email from phreephallin's posterous

0 comments:

Post a Comment